Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
To overcome minor health problems, turmeric milk always comes first in the prescriptions of grandmothers. Perhaps this is the reason that whenever there is a physical problem, the name of turmeric milk is taken. Of course, not everyone likes the taste of turmeric milk, but the benefits of turmeric milk are so many that you cannot ignore it. Therefore, many times it has to be consumed for health benefits even without wanting.
In this article, we will tell you about the benefits of drinking turmeric milk. You will be familiar with some of the benefits, but there are many benefits of turmeric milk, which you may be unaware of till now.
To know the benefits of drinking turmeric milk, we need to know the effect present in turmeric and milk. Talk about the health benefits of turmeric, so it has natural antibiotic properties (1). Also milk is rich in calcium (2). In this way, when both milk and turmeric are mixed together, the nutrients present in them can enhance the properties of each other more. With this, along with protecting the body from diseases and infections, it can also get plenty of energy.
Not only this, turmeric also contains a curcumin compound ie polyphenol, which can help protect the body from many diseases. Curcumin is beneficial for the prevention of diseases, but it is difficult for the body to absorb it. It is recommended to mix turmeric with black pepper and fatty foods, such as milk and ghee, for its absorption .
What are the benefits of drinking turmeric with milk?
Below are the benefits of turmeric milk in sequence. Just keep in mind that drinking turmeric milk has its benefits, but it is not a cure for any disease. If there is a physical problem, it is necessary to seek medical advice for treatment. Yes, turmeric milk can be helpful in keeping a person healthy and reducing the symptoms of diseases.
Drinking turmeric milk can be beneficial to improve digestion power. Actually, turmeric milk is considered effective in keeping the intestines healthy and improving the digestive system . The curcumin compound present in turmeric shows anti-inflammatory effects, which may aid the body in warding off intestinal ailments.
At the same time, about 80 percent of the protein in cow’s milk is casein (a type of protein), which can help in digestion by reaching calcium and phosphate in the body. In addition, milk also contains vitamin-B12, which is considered good for digestion . For this reason, turmeric milk can be helpful in removing the problem related to digestion.
Turmeric milk is also considered good for joint problems. This is because of the anti-inflammatory effect of the curcumin compound present in turmeric, which can reduce joint and arthritis pain. In addition, turmeric milk also has an anti-arthritic effect, which is known to reduce inflammation of the joints . Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
Milk is a good option to enhance this quality of turmeric. The lactoferrin protein present in it exhibits anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving antinociceptive effects. This can provide relief from joint pain and swelling due to arthritis . For this reason, joint problems are also counted among the benefits of turmeric. Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
Turmeric milk can also be drunk to overcome insomnia. Various studies show that the curcumin present in turmeric can improve the problem of insomnia as well as the memory of the person suffering from it . To enhance this quality of turmeric, it can be added to milk. Actually, tryptophan and melatonin are compounds in milk. These can improve sleep quality as well as hormones associated with sleep in the body. For this, consuming turmeric milk at night is considered beneficial.
Milk turmeric can also have benefits in preventing cancer. According to research, turmeric has anti-inflammatory effects, which can reduce the risk of colon cancer or prevent them from growing . At the same time, the micronutrients and many bioactive components of milk and dairy products may reduce the risk of some cancers as well as prevent them from growing . For this reason turmeric milk is considered good. Just note that cancer is a deadly disease that requires medical treatment. Turmeric milk is not a cure for cancer.
Bone health is also counted among the benefits of drinking turmeric milk. Actually, calcium is necessary for the strength of bones, which is abundant in milk. This calcium can play an important role in keeping bones healthy and strong . Turmeric’s curcumin compound may also help prevent bone loss and the progression of osteoporosis (bone disease) . This confirms that milk turmeric can have benefits in strengthening bones and keeping them healthy. Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
The curcumin present in turmeric helps reduce blood sugar levels, so it is considered useful in the prevention of diabetes. Apart from this, it may also play an important role in preventing diabetic liver disorders . Also, the curcumin present in turmeric is known to reduce diabetes-related inflammation and oxidative stress . Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
This study has found that giving 5 grams of turmeric daily for 3 months to patients with type 1 diabetes can reduce their blood sugar to a great extent . At the same time, calcium present in milk can protect against diabetes by helping in glucose metabolism . For this reason, turmeric milk can also be called good for diabetes.
For weight loss
If you are troubled by increasing weight, then turmeric milk can benefit in this. According to a study on NCBI, turmeric milk can reduce fat, which can help in weight control. It is said that the curcumin present in turmeric milk can control the weight of those who are overweight . At the same time, the protein present in milk can reduce weight by controlling appetite . Just try it to get the benefits of turmeric milk.
Cold and cough
The benefits of turmeric milk can also be effective in relieving cold and cough. Actually, milk containing turmeric is considered useful for curing cold and cough due to its anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. Because of this, it can provide relief from sore throat, cough and cold.
Turmeric’s curcumin compound has cardiovascular protective effects. Meaning it can help in preventing cardiovascular problems. It also contains antioxidants, which can reduce the risk of heart disease caused by diabetes. Not only this, these antioxidants are also known to protect against cardio toxicity .
Not only this, the anti-inflammatory effect present in curcumin may also protect against the risk of heart disease atherosclerosis (plaque buildup in the arteries) by lowering cholesterol levels . Drinking milk along with turmeric may reduce the risk of ischemic heart disease (stroke due to lack of blood supply) . For this reason, turmeric milk is considered good in improving heart health and its function. Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
Reduce period pain
Turmeric milk can also have benefits in cramps or pain during menstruation. For this, turmeric extract or turmeric powder can be consumed two weeks before menstruation. Turmeric has antispasmodic effect, which can reduce digestive and menstrual cramps to some extent by relaxing the muscles. For this, during this period, you can drink turmeric mixed with milk twice a day. Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
Most people like to eat fried, spicy or junk food, which can have a direct effect on the liver. Therefore, it becomes necessary to detoxify the body i.e. remove the toxicity present in the body. In this case, turmeric milk acts as a natural liver detoxifier, which can speed up the functioning of the liver (28). Turmeric has been used in Ayurveda for years to cleanse the liver.
How much turmeric do you put in a glass of milk?
How to make turmeric milk ?
You already know the benefits of drinking turmeric milk. Let us now tell you how easily turmeric milk can be made at home. Yes, if you do not like the taste of it, then honey can also be added to it. Read below how to make turmeric milk:
- Tsp turmeric powder or 1 inch raw turmeric
- A glass of milk Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
- Pinch cinnamon powder
- Pinch ginger powder Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Honey to taste (optional)
Method of making:
- Crush a lump of turmeric or add its powder to milk along with other ingredients.
- Now let it boil for about 5 minutes.
- After five minutes, filter the turmeric milk and put it in a glass.
- For maximum benefits, drink turmeric-milk hot. Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
- Honey can also be added to lukewarm milk for taste.
How much turmeric do you put in a glass of milk?
It is beneficial to use turmeric milk directly. By the way, it can also be taken in the morning during breakfast and it can also be consumed before sleeping at night. Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
How much to drink
We are giving information related to how much turmeric milk can be consumed for the following health problems.
- Turmeric and milk for asthma – Mixing one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk can be taken two to three times a day. Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
- Turmeric and milk for cough and sore throat – Half a teaspoon of fresh turmeric powder mixed with 30 ml (about half a cup) of lukewarm milk can be drunk. Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
Who should not take turmeric milk?
Is it safe to drink turmeric milk everyday?
Turmeric milk can have both advantages and disadvantages for health. This is the reason that after the benefits of drinking turmeric milk, we are telling further about the side effects of consuming more of it.
- Consuming turmeric and milk may cause allergic reactions in some sensitive people.
- There may be disadvantages of turmeric in milk during pregnancy. For this reason, pregnant women should consume it only after consulting a doctor . Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
- Excessive consumption of turmeric can cause headache, rash and yellow colored stools.
- Many times people start consuming turmeric milk in excess, which can cause nausea and diarrhea .
- Consuming turmeric along with some medicines can cause side effects. If you are taking any anticoagulants such as aspirin, do not take it. Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs should also not be taken with turmeric
- Raw milk contains many types of bacteria, which can increase the risk of stomach-related diseases. In such a situation, always consume boiled milk turmeric only.
- People whose bodies do not produce enough lactose may be allergic to lactose intolerance. Due to this, they may have problems related to digestion, such as – diarrhea, flatulence, gas formation, abdominal pain . In such a situation also turmeric milk should not be taken. Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
- Consuming milk in high amounts may increase the risk of hip fracture and serious death.
- Cow’s milk has protein hypersensitivity, which can cause constipation, especially in infants and young children.