Climate Change PPT
What is climate change and its causes?
What is season ?
- Weather is used to express the state of the atmosphere. Climate Change PPT
- Most of the weather-influencing events occur in the troposphere.
The main characteristics of the weather are as follows-
- Weather represents the atmospheric conditions of a place or region.
- Weather is an indicator of the short-term atmospheric conditions of a place or region. Climate Change PPT
- Weather is the sum of all atmospheric conditions of a place for a short period of time.
- Weather tries to remove the disparities caused by insolation through atmospheric circulation, humidity and precipitation.
- Weather keeps on changing from moment to moment. Climate Change PPT
What is Climate ?
Climate is a broad and broad term which gives an idea of the long-term weather of a region. The word is derived from the mutual union of water and air, which literally means water and air form of the atmosphere. This word denotes the composition of the atmosphere.
Characteristics of the climate
The main characteristics of climate are as follows-
- Climate refers to the average weather conditions over a long period of time.
- Not only is the statistical average, but it also includes atmospheric disturbances and changes generated over a long period of time.
- Climate represents the atmospheric conditions of a wide region. Climate Change PPT
- The process of long-term exchange of energy and substances in the earth and atmosphere is perceived by climate.
- Climate represents the permanent atmospheric characteristics of a region.
Factors Affecting Climate
Distance from latitude or the equator
Nearby places to the equator, distant places are hotter than The main reason for this is that the sun’s rays always fall almost vertically on the equator. In the temperate and polar zones, the sun’s rays fall obliquely. In any region, the vertical rays are more concentrated than the oblique rays.
Apart from this, vertical rays have to travel less distance in the atmosphere to reach the surface than oblique rays. This is the reason that the lower latitudes have higher temperatures than the higher latitudes. Due to its proximity to the equator, Malaysia receives more heat than England (away from the equator). Climate Change PPT
Height above sea level:
The mountains are colder than the plains. Shimla Being situated at a higher altitude, it is cooler than Jalandhar, although both the cities are located at the same latitude. The temperature decreases with increasing altitude. The average temperature decreases by 1°C for every 165 meters of altitude. Thus, along with the reading of altitude, the temperature keeps on decreasing continuously. Climate Change PPT
Distance from Continental or sea:
Water is a bad conductor of heat, that is, it heats up for a long time and cools down for a long time. Due to this equalizing effect of the sea, places near the coast have a lower temperature range and higher humidity. The interior of the continents is deprived of this equalizing effect of the ocean. Therefore, there the temperature range is high and the humidity is low. For example, both Mumbai and Nagpur are located at almost the same latitude, but due to the influence of the sea, the temperature in Mumbai remains lower than Nagpur and there is more rainfall.
Types of prevailing winds:
Winds coming from the ocean side (onshore winds) are rich in moisture and they bring rain in the areas falling in their path. Winds coming from the interior of the continents to the sea (offshore winds) are dry and they help in evaporation. The summer monsoon winds in India come from the sea. Therefore, they rain on most of the area of the country. In contrast, winter monsoon winds are generally dry due to their arrival from the land area
The following are the naturally occurring greenhouse gases (GHGs) in the atmosphere:
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) (the most important greenhouse gas)
- Methane (CH4) Climate Change PPT
- water vapour
- Nitrous Oxide (N2O)
- fluorinated gases
The following are the greenhouse gases produced or synthesized by man:
- Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs)
- Hydro Fluorocarbons (HFCs)
- Per Fluorocarbons (PFCs)
- Sulfur Hexachloride (SF6)
What can be done ?
Heating And Cooling
- We should be Install programmable thermostats.
- We should be Check and repair weather stripping on doors and windows.
- We should be Keep furnace and AC filters cleaning in every day. Climate Change PPT
- Consider shutdown off unused rooms. Install insulated drapes.
- Plant deciduous trees on the roof.
Conserve Hot Water
- In the home, 23% of energy is used to heat water.
- We Should be use shorter showers.
- you should be Install low flow shower .
- You should be Wash cloths in cold water.
- You should be Fix leaky faucets time to time .
- We Should be Unplug chargers for cell phones and other electronics appliances when not in use.
- Get in the habit of turning lights and appliances off.
- We should be Change to all compact fluorescent bulbs.
- We should be use laptop .
- We should be Install Motionsensors or timers on outdoor lights.
- Recycle and we should be buy recycled products.
- We should be Choose products that have no packaging.
- We should be use these three thinks like Reuse, repair, or donate.
- If you need then should be buy if you do not then you should not buy.
- You should be Carry paper bags when shopping.