Full Form Of INDIA
The word India is derived from the word Indus which is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘Sindhu’. The area around the Indus River was known as the Indus Valley. It is because of the Indus Valley that the travelers named the area around it as India. In ancient times the name of India was ‘Bharatvarsha’.
Officially there is no full form of India but people have made many full forms of India according to them. Out of these full forms, we are telling you here about some of the popular full forms on the internet.
Full Form Of India
Full Form of India (1)
- I- Independent
- N- Nation
- D- Declared
- I – In
- A- August
Full Form Of India (2)
- I – Independent
- N – National
- D – Democratic
- I- Intelligent
- A- Area
What is the full name of India
According to the Indian Constitution, the full name of India is ‘Republic of India‘ i.e. ‘Republic of India’. India is a republic, in which various state governments work under the leadership of a central government. India is a fully sovereign, independent nation where the government is elected in a democratic way.
Other names for India
” Aryavarta “
The name means ‘Land of the Aryans’. Aryans are considered to be the original inhabitants of India, although there are differences among historians on this matter. Full Form Of India
” Hindustan / Hind “
The name was derived from the people who came from Arabs and Turks. The people of Arabic and Persian languages called the Indus river as ‘Hind’ river and the area around it was known as ‘Hindustan’.
” Indica / Indica “
This name is given to Megasthenes, an ancient Greek historian and traveler who visited India during the Maurya period. In his book Indica, he has called India by this name.
General Introduction to India
The ancient name of India was named after the Aryans who settled in North India. It was called India after the mighty king of these Aryans, Bharata.
The abode of the Vedic Aryans was in the Indus Valley. Which the Iranians called Hindu river and this country as Hindustan. The Greeks called the Indus river as Indus and this country as India.
India is delimited by the Himalayan mountain range in the north, the Hindukush and Suleman ranges in the southwest, the Purvanchal hills in the north-west and the vast Indian Ocean in the south, a large geographical unit called the Indian subcontinent. It includes countries like Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and India etc. Full Form Of India
India’s position and expansion
Latitudinal extent of India: from 6°4′ North latitude to 37°6′ North latitude and
Longitudinal range: from 68°7′ East longitude to 97°25 East longitude.
- India’s southernmost point Indira Point (Great Nicobar Island) is located at 6°4′ north latitude but the southernmost point of the mainland is 8°4′ north latitude Kanyakumari (Tamil Nadu).
- The standard time of India is 82° 30′ East longitude (from Naini in Allahabad).
- The states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Orissa and Andhra Pradesh are situated on the standard time line.
- Indian Standard Time is 5 hours 30 minutes ahead of Greenwich Line (0° East Longitude) time.
- The Tropic of Cancer passes through the middle of India at 23° 30′ north latitude.
- This line passes through eight states.
- Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Tripura and Mizoram.
- Gandhinagar, Bhopal, Ranchi, Agartala, Aizawl, Banswara Out of these Ranchi city is the nearest city to the Tropic of Cancer.
- States located on the north side of the Tropic of Cancer – Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Manipur, Assam, Sikkim.
- States located south of the Tropic of Cancer – Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Goa, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Orissa.
Expansion of India
- The extent of India from Kashmir in the north to Kanyakumari in the south is 3214 km.
- The extension from Arunachal Pradesh in the east to Kutch in the west is 2933 km. .
- The shape of India is quadrangular. It is the seventh largest country in the world in terms of area (2.43 percent). The total area of India is 32,87,263 sq km. Full Form Of India
India’s international border
Bangladesh (4096 km.) – P. Bengal, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura, Assam
China (3917 km) – Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh.
Pakistan (3310 km.) – Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir.
Nepal (1752 km.) – Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Sikkim, Uttarakhand.
Myanmar (1458 km) – Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Mizoram, Manipur.
Bhutan (587 km.) – P. Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam.
Afghanistan (80 km.) – Jammu and Kashmir (Pakistan Occupied).