Global Warming PPT
What is Global Warming ?
Global warming is known as increase in global temperature or increase in average temperature of land surface. Global warming refers to the uncertain changes in the weather due to rising temperature in the earth. Which has an adverse effect on human beings and other living beings as well as on the environment. Global Warming PPT
Global warming refers to the increase in average global temperature since the Industrial Revolution. The average global temperature has increased by about one degree Celsius since 1880. Global Warming PPT
- Water vapor – 36–70%
- Carbon dioxide- 9 – 26%
- Methane – 4- 9%
- Ozone -3–7%
Causes of global warming
Some gases, such as carbon dioxide and methane, trap the sun’s heat in the Earth’s atmosphere. These greenhouse gases (GHGs) are also naturally present in the atmosphere. Global Warming PPT
Carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases are released into the atmosphere by human activities, especially the burning of fossil fuels (i.e., coal, natural gas, and oil) in electric vehicles, factories, and homes. Global Warming PPT
Other activities, including cutting trees, also emit greenhouse gases. Global Warming PPT
Carbon dioxide- 9 – 26%
- Power plants are the major source of carbon dioxide.
- Burning of fossil fuels for the purpose of producing electricity. Global Warming PPT
- About twenty percent of the carbon dioxide emitted into the atmosphere comes from the burning of gasoline in vehicle engines.
- It is a gas consisting of three atoms of oxygen which is found in very small quantities in the atmosphere.
- 30-32 km from the earth’s surface. Its concentration is higher at higher altitudes. It is a poisonous gas with a strong odor of light blue color. Global Warming PPT
- Methane is obtained from resources such as rice paddies, bovine flatulence, bacteria in marshes and fossil fuel formation.
- N2O is the third most important greenhouse gas after carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH4). It has 300 times more global warming potential than CO2. Global Warming PPT
- Exceeding the use of fertilizers and manure on a global scale is most responsible for the rising levels of nitrous oxide.
- Combustion of fossil and biofuels.
The effect of global warming is
- Increase in the average temperature of the Earth.
- Changes in ecology, including rising sea levels and modifying rainfall amounts and patterns.
- Many species of animals have become extinct due to the effect of global warming, apart from this, there are some species of organisms which are going to become extinct due to the effect of global warming. Global Warming PPT
- Due to the rise in water level due to global warming, there are possibilities of natural disasters like floods and tsunamis. Due to global warming, the temperature becomes high, due to which large glaciers start melting and due to these reasons the water level rises.
- Global warming is the result of increase in the temperature of the earth’s surface, so due to the extreme temperature, heat is felt more due to which skin and other physical and mental diseases arise.
- Due to the increase in temperature, the desert expands due to which the animals living there also die.
Responses to global warming
- UNFCC (United nations framework convention on climate change)
Reduce global warming
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Use Less Heat and Air Conditioning
- Change a Light Bulb by CFL
- Drive Less and Drive Smart
- Buy Energy-Efficient Products
- Use Less Hot Water
- Use the “Off” Switch
- Plant a Tree
- Get a Report Card from Your Utility Company
- Encourage Others to Conserve