I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy
Many questions arise in the mind of every woman as soon as she comes to know about the unwanted pregnancy, such as is it safe to take the abortion pill at this time? Or do they need to undergo Medical Termination of Pregnancy (MTP)? What are the side effects of the abortion pill? In fact, there is very little awareness among the women of our country about all the options for abortion and its laws. If you are also troubled by thinking about unwanted pregnancy, then in this article you will get answers to all the questions related to abortion. I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy
What is MTP?
MTP is a drug used to induce abortion. You cannot buy it directly from the medical store without a doctor’s prescription. A law has been made by the government regarding its use, which is known as the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act. Under this law, it has been told under what circumstances any Indian woman can get an abortion.
MTP is a reproductive health right for women in India. Any woman can get MTP done under the following circumstances.
- If the life of the woman is in danger or she is going through life-threatening situations and with the help of this procedure, her life can be saved. I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy
- If there is any risk to her mental or physical health by continuing the pregnancy.
- If there is a risk of any physical or mental irregularity in the baby.
- If the woman has become pregnant due to rape or sexual harassment.
- If the woman has become pregnant due to failure of contraception.
- If the abortion is taking place with the consent of the woman.
How is abortion done?
There are generally two methods used for abortion.
- Medical Abortion: In this abortion is done with the help of medicines.
- Surgical Abortion: Dilation and Evacuation (D&E) procedure is adopted for abortion.
India has strict laws regarding abortion in which abortion time limit has been fixed. According to this, medical abortion can be done without admitting the woman within seven weeks of pregnancy. In this case, the woman can take the medicines prescribed by the doctor by staying at home. After seven weeks it should be done under medical supervision and for this the woman has to be admitted to the hospital for a day. This is because there is a risk of some problems for the woman after having an abortion after seven weeks. I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy
What happens after taking the abortion pill?
Abortion pill or abortion pills should always be taken only after consulting a doctor. Let us know how this medicine works.
- Progesterone inhibits the production or mechanism of the hormone.
- Constricts the myometrium (inner middle layer of the uterus). I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy
- Inhibits the growth of trophoblast. Trophoblasts are the cells that nourish the embryo and develop the placenta.
How to use the abortion pill?
Women have to take two different types of pills. After 36-48 hours of taking the first pill under the supervision of the doctor, one has to come to the doctor again to take the second pill.
The first pill prepares the uterus for abortion. Let us tell you that the cervix supports the developing fetus in the womb and this medicine softens that cervix. In addition, it inhibits progesterone and breaks down the surface of the uterus. On the other hand, the second pill helps in contracting the uterus, due to which the uterine lining with the fetus comes out.
Generally, abortion pills are recommended in the early weeks of pregnancy, after which surgical abortion is considered appropriate. Although medical abortion is valid till 20 weeks of pregnancy, but after 12 weeks according to the MTP Act, you can do it only after consulting at least two gynecologists. I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy
Are there side effects of the abortion pill?
Yes, the disadvantages of the abortion pill are also many and every woman must be aware of it. Let us look at some of the major side effects.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Tiredness I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy
- Fever with or without chills
- Severe pelvic pain or cramps
Side effects like nausea, vomiting and diarrhea tend to get better on their own after a few days of medical abortion. If these symptoms persist, contact your nearest doctor.
What are the problems with MTP?
Abortion failure: Sometimes abortion pills do not work properly due to which the pregnancy continues. However, there is a high risk of fetal abnormalities if the pregnancy continues under these conditions. Therefore, in such cases, the woman should have a surgical abortion. I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy
Allergies: Some women may also be allergic to the active compounds present in these abortion pills. Due to which there may be an allergic reaction as well as the risk of miscarriage may increase. If you have any kind of allergy or any health related problem after consuming them, then contact the doctor immediately. I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy
The risk of infection in the uterus is seen in very few cases due to the use of abortion pills. After a few days of having an abortion, go to the doctor to make sure that the abortion has happened completely or not. Apart from all this, do not have sex during this whole process as it can lead to infection.
Care after abortion:
- After two weeks of having MTP, get an ultrasound done to make sure whether the abortion has happened properly or not.
- If the abortion pill has failed or there is heavy bleeding, then be prepared for an abortion by vacuum aspiration.
- If you have to change the pad more than twice in an hour or if there is a problem of fever and cramps with excessive bleeding, then go to the doctor immediately.
- If the fever is not going away after the abortion, then it shows that there has been an infection and it needs to be cured with the help of medicines.
- Sex: Avoid sex until the bleeding stops completely. I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy
- Contraception: After it is sure that the abortion has happened properly, after that you can use contraception such as IUD. However, do not do this if infection is present. After an abortion, when women become sexually active, condoms can be used during that time. I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy
Things to keep in mind after abortion:
In some cases, failure of the Intra Uterine Device (IUD) can also lead to pregnancy. In such cases, women can take abortion pills, but keep in mind that before taking the medicines, remove those devices with the help of a doctor.
Any pregnancy test only shows pregnancy but it does not know whether the fetus is inside the uterus or outside. Therefore, it is advisable to have an ultrasound before MTP to ensure that the embryo is still inside the uterus.
Medical abortion is not recommended for abortion in such cases if the embryo is outside the uterus such that the embryo is attached to the fallopian tube. I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy
Irregularities in menstruation are seen after abortion. There may be more or less bleeding in the first period after a miscarriage. You are advised to take complete information about this from the gynecologist. I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy
If there is no such serious internal problem which is not treated then there is no risk in getting pregnant in future. But still it is advised to consult your doctor about the problems that may occur after the treatment. I Pill Side Effects On Future Pregnancy