Jamun is known by many names like- Rajman, Kala Jamun, Blackberry and Jamali etc. Jamun is a seasonal fruit. Jamun is a fruit of acidic and astringent nature and is also sweet in taste. Jamun is an Ayurvedic herb. Many diseases are cured by eating Jamun. Jamun is also advised to be eaten in Ayurveda. Jamun is delicious to eat and also has many medicinal properties. Jamun is acidic, that is why it is eaten with salt. Jamun has a cooling effect. There are many indigenous and exotic varieties of Jamun.
Nutrients available in Jamun
|Energy||251 kilo joules|
|Vitamins, Calcium, Iron, Potassium||0.995 grams|
How are Jamun trees
Jamun tree is an evergreen tree. It can grow to be huge and about 30 to 35 feet long. This is such a tree that, after planting, it gives fruit for about 35 to 40 years. Its average life is 50-60 years, but sometimes it can live up to 100 years. There are many other trees that live for 100 years, including the curry tree and the gulmohar tree, which have a long life.
If we talk about its leaves, then its leaves are somewhat like mango and maulsiri in appearance. They are about 10 to 15 inches long and 4 inches wide. Its bark is brown in colour. Which looks good. One of its specialty is that it gives full shade along with fruit. Jamun Benefits
Its flowers are small yellow in color which are also fragrant. These flowers come only from the month of March to April. After that those flowers make jamun. But to eat the berries, you have to do the same service to the tree, only then you will be able to eat its fruits. Because for this you will have to prune the tree from time to time. Due to which the tree remains green and the fruits are good. Jamun Benefits
Beneficial berries in digestion
Jamun is very beneficial for those people who have stomach problems. Eating berries improves digestion and increases digestion power. Jamun is also beneficial for the liver. If you consume 100 grams of Jamun, then the problem of your stomach goes away. If you have stomach cramps, cramps, then drinking jamun bark juice is beneficial. The problem of indigestion and upset stomach is removed by eating it with water after grinding the leaves of jamun. Jamun Benefits
Beneficial in Memory
When the capacity of brain cells decreases, memory power also decreases. Eating jamun increases memory power because it contains anti-oxidants especially flavonoids.
Berries beneficial for the heart
Negligence of eating and drinking and excessive amount of cholesterol in food is very harmful for the heart. There are many nutrients in berries which control blood pressure and it also prevents heat stroke. This keeps the heart healthy. Jamun Benefits
Beneficial in diabetes
Jamun kernels are very beneficial for people who have diabetes. Jamun is such a fruit that you can eat without any problem in diabetes. You dry and grind the kernels of jamun and consume it every day. Doing this is very beneficial in diabetes. You can also get free from diabetes by eating 150 grams of Jamun daily.
By eating jamun daily, the amount of glucose in the blood remains fine. Jamun juice is also said in homeopathy for diabetes. Make small tablets by mixing 25 grams kernels of jamun with 2 grams opium in a mortar. Diabetes is cured by taking one tablet every morning and evening. Eating jamun kernels and bitter gourd powder also cures diabetes. Jamun controls blood sugar. Jamun Benefits
Jamun for blemishes on face
If burns have made marks on your body, then Jamun leaves are very beneficial for you. Make a paste of Jamun leaves and apply it on the stains, the stains are cured.
Beneficial berries for teeth and gums
Jamun is very beneficial in problems related to teeth and gums. You grind the seeds of jamun and rub it with its powder. By doing this your teeth and gums will become healthy. Grinding the bark of Jamun and brushing it cures diseases of teeth and gums. Boil the tender leaves of Jamun, rinse it and gargle with the ashes of dried leaves, it stops the swelling and bleeding of gums. Jamun Benefits
If you have pyorrhoea, then grinding the kernels of jamun with salt and rubbing it on the teeth will end the complaint of pyorrhoea. If your gums are weak, then brushing with ashes of Jamun leaves is beneficial. If your gums bleed, then boiling the tender leaves of jamun in panu and gargling it is very beneficial.
Berries beneficial for the skin
Jamun helps to lighten the complexion of the skin. Jamun is very beneficial for people who have white spots. By applying a paste of jamun, the stains will become lighter and will be removed later. Mixing the anus of jamun, gooseberry juice and rose water together removes blemishes and cleans the face.
Beneficial berries in liver
If you have liver problem then consuming jamun juice is very beneficial for you. Consuming jamun juice every morning and evening cures all liver problems.
Beneficial Jamun in Diarrhea
Jamun bark is very beneficial for women who have diarrhea problems. Jamun is very beneficial for pregnant women in diarrhea. Boil the bark of jamun in water till the water becomes one-fourth. After filtering it twice and eating it with coriander and cumin powder, it is very beneficial. Jamun Benefits
Beneficial berries in stones
Jamun kernels are very beneficial for people who have stone problems. Grinding the kernels of jamun and eating it with water or curd is very beneficial in stones. Jamun Benefits
Benefits of jamun leaves
The fruits of Jamun are available only in season, but its leaves are available throughout the year and benefit the patient.
- If your gums are weak, then brushing the ashes of jamun leaves gives you benefit.
- If you have bleeding gums or any other problem like swelling of gums, then boiling soft leaves of jamun in water and rinsing with this water will definitely benefit you.
- If a person has intoxicated with opium, then to remove it, grind the leaves of jamun and extract its juice and giving it to the afflicted person gives him benefit. Jamun Benefits
- If you are troubled by bad breath, then chewing the leaves of jamun and sucking it will give you benefits.
- Consumption of Jamun leaves with cow’s milk provides benefit in bloody piles.
- Also Read :- More Information About Heath & Medical
Benefits of Jamun kernels
When the fruit of Jamun is available, most of the people throw the kernels after consuming it, the reason for this is unknown from the benefits of Jamun kernels. If a person wants to collect the kernels of jamun, make a powder and use it throughout the year. Let us see what are the benefits of Jamun kernels.
- Diabetes patients are benefited by regular consumption of jamun kernels powder.
- If you have got any wound or blister, then dry and grind the kernels of jamun, then add water to that powder and make a paste and apply it on the wound. Jamun Benefits
- Consuming the powder of Jamun kernels also provides relief in dysentery, for this, 1-1 teaspoon should be taken thrice a day. Jamun Benefits
- If you have a stone, then taking jamun kernel powder with curd provides relief.
- If there is a problem of bleeding, taking 1/4th powder of peepal bark in the powder of jamun kernels gives relief.
- If your child urinates in the bed at night, then giving him a certain amount of jamun kernels powder is beneficial. Jamun Benefits
- If you want to make your voice melodious, then consuming jamun kernels powder with honey will be beneficial.
- Also Read :- More Information About Heath & Medical
Benefits of jamun bark
Everything of the Jamun tree benefits, after the fruits, leaves and kernels of the Jamun tree, let’s see what are the benefits of the bark of the Jamun tree.
- If you have stomach cramps etc., then making a decoction of the bark of jamun and drinking it will be beneficial. Jamun Benefits
- If children have diarrhea, then boil the juice of jamun bark in goat’s milk and drink it after cooling, it provides benefit.
- Jamun bark is beneficial in the problem of diarrhea in women.
- Jamun bark is also beneficial for pregnant women in diarrhea. Jamun Benefits
- For this, boil the bark of jamun in water and when it remains one-fourth of the water, filter it 2-3 times and give it with coriander and cumin powder, it will be beneficial.
- If the throat is bad, then boiling the bark of jamun in water and gargling with that water is beneficial.
- Jamun bark is also helpful in treating arthritis. Jamun Benefits
- Grind the bark of Jamun tree and take it twice a day with water, it ends the problem of indigestion, upset stomach.
- Also Read :- More Information About Heath & Medical
Benefits of Jamun Vinegar
The fruit of Jamun is not available throughout the year, but if you want, you can make vinegar of its fruit and use it throughout the year. Which has many benefits, let us look at the benefits of jamun vinegar.
- If you have been troubled by the problem of constipation for a long time, then regular consumption of Jamun Vinegar will give you benefits. Jamun Benefits
- Jamun vinegar is also beneficial in vomiting, diarrhea etc.
- Jamun vinegar is also beneficial for sugar patients. Jamun Benefits
How to make Jamun Vinegar
To make jamun vinegar, put jamun in an earthen pot with salt and keep it in the sun for a few days. Now when it is ready, filter it and keep it in a glass bottle and use it when needed.
Some impressive benefits of Jamun
Beneficial in dysentery: Jamun is very beneficial in dysentery. Make a powder by grinding the inner part of the kernels of jamun and mango. Boil 5 grams powder with takara matha thrice a day and take it with cold water, it cures dysentery. Jamun Benefits
Beneficial in premature ejaculation and semen: Jamun kernels are very beneficial in premature ejaculation and semen. Taking 5 grams powder of Jamun kernels with light milk daily is beneficial in premature ejaculation and the semen becomes thicker. Jamun Benefits
Beneficial in diarrhea: If you have a problem of diarrhea, then jamun is very beneficial for you. If you eat berries mixed with rock salt, it is very beneficial in diarrhea. Jamun kernels are very beneficial for you if you have bloody diarrhea. Jamun Benefits
Beneficial in leucorrhoea: Jamun is very beneficial for leucorrhoea. Boil the bark of Jamun tree and eat it with honey in the morning and evening, it is beneficial in leucorrhoea.
Beneficial in the intoxication of opium: If you want to get rid of opium intoxication, then grind one tola jamun leaves and mix them with water, it ends the intoxication of opium. Jamun Benefits
Beneficial in children’s diarrhea: If small children have diarrhea, then the bark of jamun is very beneficial. Taking the bark of Jamun after mixing its juice with goat’s milk and giving it cures diarrhea in children.
Beneficial in earache: If you have ear pain, then the kernels of jamun are very beneficial for you. You can put the oil of the kernels of Jamun kernels drop by drop in the ear in the morning and evening, it ends earache and at the same time destroys the ear discharge and deformity of the eardrum.
Beneficial in cancer: Jamun is very beneficial for cancer patients. Eating Jamun after chemotherapy and radiation therapy is very beneficial.
Beneficial for children: If your children have bed-urinary disease, then Jamun kernels are very beneficial for you. If you eat the powder of Jamun kernels with three grams of water, it is very beneficial in this disease.
Beneficial in bad breath: If your mouth smells bad, then Jamun is very beneficial for you. Chewing the leaves of Jamun and sucking their juice ends the bad smell of the mouth.