Natural Resources PPT
Such biotic and inorganic components found in nature which are used to fulfill the needs of human beings. They are called natural resources. Natural Resources PPT
Conservation Of Nature Resources
Plant a Tree:
Planting trees is good for the environment as they are renewable, biodegradable and recyclable
Conservation of water means careful and economical use of water. We should conserve water as it is a valuable natural resource. Natural Resources PPT
Reduce power usage:
If we reduce energy consumption then power plants will have to produce less electricity and thus reduce the number of fossil fuels burned every day.
Types of Natural Resources
Inexhaustible natural resources
Those natural resources which are found infinitely in nature are called inexhaustible natural resources.
Even after using these resources continuously, they can never be exhausted in future. For example, sunlight, water, wind etc. Natural Resources PPT
All natural resources
Those natural resources whose quantity is limited in nature and which can be exhausted due to non-use by humans continuously and properly. All natural resources are called. For example, coal, petroleum, forest etc.
These natural resources are also divided into two parts-
Renewable resources are those resources which can be regenerated. They have the ability to renew and if used properly, they can last for a very long time. Example: forest, soil, ground water and wildlife.
Non-renewable resources are called those resources, whose quantity is very limited and once exhausted, they cannot be restored. Natural Resources PPT
If these resources are not used carefully, they will be exhausted. Examples: coal, petroleum, fossils and natural gas.
- Maintaining environmental sustainability through conservation and renewal of ecological balance.
- Conservation of natural heritage. Natural Resources PPT
- Stopping the process of soil erosion and denudation on the banks of rivers, lakes and ponds.
- To expand the area of forests and trees through more plantation and social forestry.
- To meet the needs of rural and tribal residents related to fuel, fodder, fruits, wood etc.
- To improve the quality of trees to meet the requirements of forests at the national level.
- Promoting efficient use of forest produce and reduction in the use of wood.
The sun of our country provides us light for about 300 days, which has a lot of energy. By collecting the energy coming from the Sun on a device made of silicon cells, the sunlight is converted into electricity, that energy is called solar energy. Solar energy is being used in many ways – such as generating electricity from solar panels, heating water with solar water heaters, cooking with solar cookers, reflectors. ) to make electricity with felt, etc. Natural Resources PPT
Soil or soil is an important part of life-sustaining, because the production of human food depends on it. Therefore, in the field of agriculture, the soil has been given the name of ‘Merudand’. For the prosperity and development of any country, it is absolutely necessary to have good soil and other natural resources of that country.
Major problems with Natural Resource conservation
- Low awareness for conservation of natural resources.
- Exploitation of living natural resources for economic gain.
- Values and knowledge about the species and ecosystem inadequately known.
- Unplanned urbanization and uncontrolled industrialization.
- Lack of policies for protection of wetlands, grasslands and other areas.
- Inadequate enforcement of existing laws
- Implementation of eco-development
- Inadequate programmers
- Need for enhanced role of NGOs and other institutions
- Need for political commitment and good will.
- Need for providing Institutional support like Banks, FI
- Lack of Local community participation