Why am I bleeding after sex
Bleeding After Sex
Some women have bleeding problems after sexual intercourse or sex. It is also called ‘Genital Bleeding’. It is also called postcoital bleeding. In this, blood comes from the vagina after having sexual intercourse, but sometimes it is painful, sometimes there is no pain. Why am I bleeding after sex
Bleeding after sex in some women is very mild, but in some, more blood comes out. Such a situation can be serious. There are many reasons for bleeding after intercourse. A research has revealed that about 0.7 to 9 percent of cases occur in adult women, in which bleeding occurs after sex. This bleeding is more than the cervix. Know, after all, what causes bleeding in women after sex and what is its diagnosis, treatment?
Causes of vaginal bleeding after sex
Sometimes the vagina is very dry while having sex. Vaginal dryness can also be the reason behind the problem of bleeding after sex. It is considered the main cause of postcoital bleeding. Actually, the skin of the private part is very delicate and soft. When the skin is dry, the chances of getting damaged increase significantly. This causes injury to the mucus producing tissue inside the vagina, which causes bleeding.
Main Reason For Vaginal Dryness
Having intercourse without arousal: Due to sexual arousal before intercourse, vaginal tissue removes natural lubricants, due to this, the problem of dryness in the vaginal tissue is removed and there is no damage due to friction during intercourse.
(Genitourinary syndrome of menopause) GSM: It is also called vaginal atrophy. GSM reduces the lubrication, thickness and elasticity of the vaginal tissue. Why am I bleeding after sex
Causes of Ovary Damage and Removal: Ovaries can be damaged due to some accidents. In many cases, removing the estrogen in the body due to the removal of the ovaries causes the greatest harm.
Reasons for washing: Many times, due to repeated washing, the vaginal tissue becomes dry with irritation.
Reasons for childbirth or breast feeding: During pregnancy, the estrogen level in the body remains very high. At the same time, immediately after the birth of the baby, this level suddenly drops. This happens immediately after the birth of the baby. Because after this the estrogen hormones work to make breast milk.
Drugs that affect estrogen and dehydrate the body: Vaginal dryness can occur due to taking anti-estrogen medication. In this, taking cold-flu medicine, steroids, sedatives, many antidepressants and calcium-beta channel blockers have adverse effects on the body. Why am I bleeding after sex
Injury is also a major reason for bleeding
The friction during intercourse can cause a cutmark in the sensitive genital tissue. At the same time, the vaginal tissue stretches due to the birth of the baby. In many cases the chances of injury are high. When a woman has sex for the first time, a small flap of vaginal skin called the hymen breaks due to stretching. Due to this, there is a very small amount of bleeding, which gets cured in one to two days.
Infection is also a major reason for bleeding
Any type of infection can cause swelling of the vaginal tissue, while it can lead to bleeding problems after sex. In general, this can be caused by yeast infections, pelvic inflammatory disease, cervicitis, vaginitis, and sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia and gonorrhea. Why am I bleeding after sex
Cervical dysplasia is also a major cause of bleeding
When abnormal and precancerous cells develop in women’s cervical canal lining (which serves to separate the vagina and uterus), it is called cervical dysplasia. Due to this, irritation can occur as well as damage to the tissue of the private part, especially after sex, there may be a problem of bleeding.
Cervical ectropion is also a major cause of bleeding
Gladular cells inside the cervical canal develop abnormally outside the cervix. This problem gets cured without any treatment, due to this there may be bleeding problem after sex. Why am I bleeding after sex
Cancers is also a major cause of bleeding
Cancers that occur in the urogenital tract along with the reproductive system can cause vaginal tissue to affect hormone levels. There can also be damage. Cervical and uterine cancer can cause postcoital bleeding. Bleeding after sex may also occur in this stage.
Why am I bleeding after sex
Risk factors for bleeding after sex
- Vaginal dryness
- Aggressive intercourse
- Iimmune condition
- Reasons for having sex without a condom
- Due to lack of sexual experience
- Due to high blood pressure
- Exposure to irritant chemicals and allergens
- Due to vaginal and uterine infection
- Because of diabetes Why am I bleeding after sex
- Causes of anxiety during intercourse and intimacy
- If someone in the family is suffering from cervical and uterine cancer
- Having a family history of vaginal dryness and bloating
- Immunosuppressant medications
- Also Read :- When To Start Birth Control
If bleeding does not stop after sex, if bleeding continues to be severe, frequent and infrequent, then you should seek medical advice in such a situation. On the other hand, if you see such symptoms due to bleeding after sex, then it should also be shared with the doctor, like Why am I bleeding after sex
- Burning sensation during intercourse or burning while urinating
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain Why am I bleeding after sex
- Abnormal discharge
- Vaginal Burning and Sensation
- Lower back pain
- Severe fatigue and weakness
- Headache Why am I bleeding after sex
- Abnormal pale skin
- Having bladder and bowel syndrome
- Also Read :- Can-You-get-an-std-from-kissing
The causes of bleeding after sex can vary. In such a situation, after diagnosing the disease, experts treat it accordingly. To treat, the doctor can include these options, such as- Why am I bleeding after sex
- Vaginal Moisturizer
- Antibiotic given to treat bacterial infections caused by gonorrhea, syphilis and chlamydia
- If there is a viral infection, then medicine for it
- Surgical removal, cryotherapy, electrocautery can be used in the case of cervical ectropion.
- Removing the cause of bleeding and abnormally developed polyps Why am I bleeding after sex
- Cancer treatment through surgery and therapy
- By giving low doses of vaginal estrogen in the form of creams, suppositories and rings to reduce vaginal dryness Why am I bleeding after sex
Bleeding after sex during pregnancy
During pregnancy, childbirth and breast feeding, our body’s hormones change very rapidly. There are chances that due to this the vaginal tissue may not get damaged. If there is bleeding in the early days of pregnancy, then medical advice should be taken about it. On the other hand, if there is bleeding in the last days of pregnancy, then it is important to seek medical advice as soon as possible, in which case even a medical emergency may be required. This is a kind of symptom of preterm labor.
Protect like this
If the bleeding after sex is less then treatment is not needed in that condition, but if the bleeding continues continuously then treatment is needed in that condition.
You can save by trying these methods
- Don’t have aggressive sex
- Use vaginal moisturizer daily
- Do not let the lack of water in the body, keep drinking water regularly
- Use water based and silicone based lubricants during sex
- Always use a condom when having sex with another sexual partner
- Always be full of arousal before intercourse
- Medical advice should be taken in case of any kind of infection
To prevent bleeding after sex, people should consume foods that contain estrogen and phytoestrogens.
Foods that are high in phytoestrogens
- Olive oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Flax seeds
- Sunflower seeds